Choose Your Background

• Global

• Clonewars

• City-Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightsaber Combat System Damage Broken.

With the seriousrp implemenation the lightsaber damage was buffed drastically for the seriousness of that if your hit by a lightsaber you die, so you can be 1 hit.

This idea seems great at concept but really breaks the server completely.

The buff really destroys the concept of duelling with any skill, it isn't fun to run into a duel, be hit once and thats it.

It in fact can do more that 50k damage, yes 50k damage. Which means padawans can kill Yoda, Mace or anyone in one hit.

Jedi can kill any hostiles with 1 hit, including Count Dooku and Grievous. The server when brought seriousrp only focused the combat factor of seriousness in which has ruined the fun of duelling within the server, those implementing this RP change should focus on the RP, because since the announcement the RP hasn't changed at all. Just more salutes. SeriousRP isn't revolved on combat, its a small factor. The fun of duelling has been removed completely. The fact planetary's could end within seconds of a duel is something that should be of concern. The suggestion of that Count Dooku for example gets to 1hp because of buddah he would then run and hp himself again but this completely ruins the flow of events. In fact this whole thing over all ruins the flow of duelling and that you're expected to just hold one button (ALT), instead of actually duelling.

Reverting this change would bring back the positives of lightsabers and duelling, Jedi are already having to hold ALT (which was block if you didnt know) way too much for deflecting when they're not in lightsaber combat but now they have to do it more whilst they're in lightsaber combat.

EDIT: Me and Vortex tested if blocking truely defends you, but most of the time it just bypassed the block and killed him anyway, even attacking head on. So blocking isn't an excuse either to think this buff is fine.
[Image: giphy.gif]

✪Magic
+1 on nerfing lightsabers

I was an event character and had to protect a hostage from 4 Jedi as a non-lightsaber weilding character with only 2 NPC's there, as you can tell it ended very very quickly
/realnigga@tonk
(08-10-2017, 04:40 PM)Chibs Wrote: +1 on nerfing lightsabers

I was an event character and had to protect a hostage from 4 Jedi as a non-lightsaber weilding character with only 2 NPC's there, as you can tell it ended very very quickly

Appreciate the +1 and the example you gave, it is highly broken and I understand that it looked good in thought but no one took the time to really dwelve on how this affects the server.

✪Magic
I agree, Lightsabers should be stronger than they were, but 100% not as strong as they are now. Makes events hard.
Grand Admiral Taz

Head Admin

I completely agree

Empress Talon showing off how powerful she really is!
I'll be reducing the saber damage
[Owner]

Grand General Maxson

[Image: 9d5231659b43999f792671ae691a470f.png]
Damn did they really make a lightsaber 50k? Fucking what mate
I'm nothing now...
Past:
- 91st SCC / SSG
- 41st CPT
- 442nd MJR
- Riot CPL
- Wolfpack CPL
- 327th SGT
- Rancor Captain
- 212th FM SGT
(08-10-2017, 06:31 PM)Danker Wrote: I'll be reducing the saber damage

Thank you very much, I do like the concept that was thought out but it just personally has too many conflicts with other things.

✪Magic
thing is lightsabers should be strong but Jedi health should be low, I mean clones have armour Jedi do not. , in ep 3 ki adi mundi dies in 3 or 4 hits.
(08-10-2017, 09:21 PM)Mostchart Wrote: thing is lightsabers should be strong but Jedi health should be low, I mean clones have armour Jedi do not. , in ep 3 ki adi mundi dies in 3 or 4 hits.

As I have said to others before when they compare movies to the server, Jedi in the movies or even lore have complete control of the lightsaber, they can essentially block everything too since Jedi have a reaction time greater than anyone else, on the server it isnt the case we hold ALT and block one direction of bullets or lightsaber attacks. So when Ki Adi Mundi died from 3 or 4 hits it was because of the shock factor he had when he was betrayed, so in the server to replace the fact that we can block every bullet we're more tanky to take more shots too, since really we cannot be as versatile with blocking as seen in movies, same with dueling in the movies compared to the server, they control where they block, we cant. So to compensate we have good health to take more hits (hence why I made this post requesting to revert the changes since we cant block efficiently 100% it cannot work to be 1 hit or 2 hit), I hope this gives you a better understatement since it seems people really compare movies to the server way too much.

✪Magic