• Global

• Clonewars

• City-Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for the server/what can be done - Opinion

Hello 
[Image: logo.png]

Just had a view ideas to improve/boost players of the community and make their time in Vision Roleplay better(Most Ideas are just a theory/idea so don't get annoyed at the post!)

Interface Suggestions:

Idea Number 1: So basically I'd had the idea of kinda input a custom system on how event roleplaying situations come out with, this is a slight adjudication to improve the RP/Peoples communication within the event/planetary. This means we could add a system which could tell you on how your decisions are, for example you have the choice in RP to kill the civilians as they know intel = which is a dark choice // or we could save them and take them to the LZ = Which is a light side choice, this was kind of helped by a influence of SWTOR but we could have a bar/tab (Just small) in the right/left top corner and it would be a circle which could be filled in on both sides and it would be like it balances on the choices players take in RP. A staff system in this could work by a small menu which staff can change the percentage, this seems complicated but yeah it's a nice little touch so players know what is happening more and how the event has ended out! (This basically supports the regimental commanders also by knowing what their players pick to do in a situation and they could train on it etc) - @Tom7 Initial idea but a lil touch up.

This will just give an idea, but IT'S WAY more different than it is, for example it would be a percentage bar literally. Below is kind of just choices it's not really what I am trying to show but it's kinda hard to explain written.

[Image: will+the+Force+influence+you.png]

Idea Number 2: Improve the custom compass system, so by this I don't mean to say it's shi* I am saying why don't you add bearings. It makes it useful to the players by communicating and it's probably a small change which won't take long, anyway that was just a thought.

(If you don't know when I say bearings and your going full retard, well this is what it looks like compared to what we have.)

[Image: measure.jpg]

This just entitles players to communicate with their regiments by saying a direction etc - Just a little idea.

Idea Number 3: The next idea was a bit on and off, so what you could do is improve cuffs, I love the new custom cuffs but when I cuff someone they run off like a lunatic xD, Basically make the walk speed slower or just make it so when they cuff the player, they stick to that player(this sounds difficult but I think I saw it done before.)

Idea Number 4: Well this was just a bit of an off and on idea however, it was to make an information bar. So basically if new players join the server they gain info on the server, what it offers, a link to the servers regiments/forum page... umm other things like who is staff is online and in it so they can contact the correct people if needed, this also helped from the influence of SWTOR - An Image can be saw lower. This just makes it easier to navigate!

[Image: ff60b5665b160d573d1ca84f73b84f1b.png]
                    (Player Details)         (Donations)            (Staff Online)           (Tutorials)     (The Quest System)   (Regiment/Squads)  (Whens The Next Event?)  - Just all examples...

NPC's Suggestions:

Idea Number 1: I am no developer I don't know how to do any of this, but don't get me wrong, I love that @Derpes had made hp's changed for the droids but, a lot of events I used to do players liked shooting a droid 2/3 times and they'd die for the reasons they did as it weighed in on how they felt for instance, if a NPC had the standad HP of 600 and the 501st commander has 500 or 600 I don't know completely but the 501st commander would destroy a droid with 1 or 2 shots because they don't want to feel like they are being sh*t on by NPC's who are droids and we all know droids are dumb xD. However I think if we decreased the standard spawn NPC hp to a bit lower like for instance it took me a whole mag to kill a commando droid which would only take 15 or 16 shots, this means we could increase the weapon damage or NPC health however I know which one I would do! - This isn't just to make the event easier btw, but just to make it more realistic and fun for players.

(Like I said I ain't no dev and I would be crap at it anyway, it's just a way the server/community players could enjoy not being gunned down by 1 commando droid and all I hear after the events are... "DROIDS HAD TO MUCH HP!" xD) - So yeah Smile

Jedi Suggestions:

Idea: Don't get me wrong I am not a Jedi anymore, and it may have changed since I left a couple of weeks ago. I noticed when I left I felt more free and I could do more RP situations, @Vortex265 made the Jedi much better after we know who left, however I was thinking you could make the Jedi more appealing by adding new rewards if they win a duel, I know you can win hilts etc, however if someone wanted a pink crystal and you think, "Ahh they've been doing very good recently, and I feel like they could gain something which gives them a boost." So you could make them go through a stage where they would do either some RP or a Quest for the Jedi to earn it. Instead of doing tounements I feel like Jedi could do more however @Vortex265 is doing well, keep it up.

Regiment Suggestions:

(Before I start this, this is all a theory. NOT A GO AHEAD THING AND NOT BEEN DECIDED BY ANYONE!)

Idea Number 1: Maybe give more choices in regiments, I have recently noticed that 91st lost LHTS and 501st lost Carnivore, I think we should try and base a regiment around it's lore, for example, 501st always had AT-RT's in battle, as we don't have them we could give them tanks, I barely see that 91st use speeders anymore and when they do it's not LHTS, it kind of makes the commander or major of the regiment doing normal tryouts for the same regiment over and over again, you can switch your regiment up a bit. Rancor/@Kezza has made Rancor good, it's has seperated on how the regiment is, it is now devided but still works together for the instance of ARC are more elite/commandos than the ARF who are recon with speeder etc. JUST AN EXAMPLE - 212th could seperate it to Sky Corps and The battalion itself, for example the regiments officer controls the main side company (2nd AC and ghost company) where as the 212th CC would focus more on the regiment other than it's companies. - This is all a theory and you don't have to like it, like I said it's all opinions which people might dislike or like at the end of the day.

Idea Number 2: Maybe add some unique regiment jobs back, for instance we removed Doom and 327th, we all knew they could get on their feet again and they at one point of time had more members than our 501st/212th today, I say we could add back another medium regiment that we have seen before and It has been on the server many times, The Galactic Marines, this is a unique regiment as it had flame throwers and could go in poisonous environments. This is really cool for new players that join the server and for players who want a bit of a switch up etc. (I.e. I know we used to have flame troopers and it may cause a bit of havoc but with rules in place, who wouldn't want to burn down some trandoshans and droids etc.)

Server Content:

This is only suggestions on what can be added to the server - This is all up to higherachy staff but I know it could be a bit better and give some flair and variety!

Maps: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121801379&searchtext= - This map is a very cool and switch up design map to what we usually use, it contains sandstorms/bases/plenty to explore/open land.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=969977945 - Two rarely small maps 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898693279&searchtext=Star+Wars - Space station which is designed for everything, pilots have enough space to fly around/train. 

Features:
- Big Training Room with Cadet Room inside of it
- Armory
- Brig
- Interragation Room
- 16 Barracks
- 8 Offices
- MedBay
- 2 big empty rooms (Can be used for Jedi Stuff etc.)
- 4 Big Hangar Bays
- Stairs Room to 2nd Floor
- 360° View Bridge
- Engine Room (Needs to be fixed)
- Big Debrief Room
- Big Hallways/Walkways
- Shooting Range
- Button to turn off all lights

These are the maps that @Havoc found, I ain't stealing it but recommending them again as they are great.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=510346779
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=510347812

Weapons/Tools:

(This is to help people who makes events/maybe even regiments)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931566793&searchtext=Star+Wars

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=Star+Wars

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727824870&searchtext=Star+Wars

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695474811

This post roughly took 1-2 hours, It is just a SUGGESTION thread which means none of this may happen or could depending on the higher staffs choices, this was all a matter of opinions on how/what we could do, this is just to see if you agree or disagree on how it can be done. - No shi* talk in thread cheers, leave +1's if you want.

Credit to @Havoc for suggesting the two maps, if you have suggestions that are good and we don't have in the server, I'll add it to this thread so the higher staff see it! Thanks for reading...

Regards 
@Mereel

P.s. Contact Me In-game or Teamspeak if you want stuff added to thread
(Leave your views below!)
[Image: 9uwxKiT.gif]

RC 1138 Boss
Mereel Skirata

Nice ideas!

The first one has already been discussed in the staff meeting, regarding negative and positive outcomes for specific objectives if they are completed or not.
(thanks to @Tom7)

The compass I definitely agree with.

Nice job and really good effort!
@Rolfy, I wanted to touch up on it and I spoke to @Dave about it today and I liked the idea so I decided to put it on the thread

But thanks

RC 1138 Boss
Mereel Skirata

I see SWTOR, I press like.

But all in all some good ideas, I have been trying to push for regiments to be more lore friendly and balanced for a while.

I really like the idea of a vote system to determine the outcome of a decision during an event, always been a fan of this.

As far as Jedi is concerned, I feel this needs a rework. Don't get me wrong Vortex is good but Having been Yoda before it gets very tiresome and boring after a while. As people donating for jedi are essentially paying to keep the server running I don't feel we should be massively restricting them and handing out harsh punishments, For example the Jedi rushing rule I think needs to go. With the current saber system its not the easiest to kill a bunch of droids as it used to be with the old animations, If they get in the way of clones firing at droids then its their own problem for jumping into a massive fire fight.

Good shit tho boi.
NPC's Suggestions:

Idea Number 1: I am no developer I don't know how to do any of this, but don't get me wrong, I love that @Derpes had made hp's changed for the droids but, a lot of events I used to do players liked shooting a droid 2/3 times and they'd die for the reasons they did as it weighed in on how they felt for instance, if a NPC had the standad HP of 600 and the 501st commander has 500 or 600 I don't know completely but the 501st commander would destroy a droid with 1 or 2 shots because they don't want to feel like they are being sh*t on by NPC's who are droids and we all know droids are dumb xD. However I think if we decreased the standard spawn NPC hp to a bit lower like for instance it took me a whole mag to kill a commando droid which would only take 15 or 16 shots, this means we could increase the weapon damage or NPC health however I know which one I would do! - This isn't just to make the event easier btw, but just to make it more realistic and fun for players.

(Like I said I ain't no dev and I would be crap at it anyway, it's just a way the server/community players could enjoy not being gunned down by 1 commando droid and all I hear after the events are... "DROIDS HAD TO MUCH HP!" xD) - So yeah Smile

Ok understandable, but make the droids too easy, makes it harder for staff to keep up on spawning and making it too hard, get people rile up... but being gunned down by a commando droid kind of expected it in a one v one, I mean Commando droid is not your average B1 battledroid, they are skilled and decently armored but not as powerful as a B2 super battledroid that has better armor and firepower, Its all about balance.

I mean I won't mind having a working droideka, now that would be a epic battle as you have bypass thier shields and twin link-blasters
May the force be with you all and am Northern Irish, not Scottish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLubOuhVuM

[img=0x20]https://gyazo.com/12e17a34c943c7e36eac50050cbb71f5[/img]
@Wolves I looked into droideka addons and it's very weird, to even put it in the server it needs to be reworked, also thanks @Kezza.

RC 1138 Boss
Mereel Skirata

The whole regiment unique thing is strange to being up considering the fact that not to long ago I buffed 91st so SGT+ can use Speeders, its up to Zef on how they access them but the whole removing lightning was to increase medics as well as get more use out of speeders. I offered 501st tanks and they turned them down, if they want to change that they can speak to me about it and all the other regiments are fine in terms of choice, 187th is a lot more defensive, CG got some needed firepower/option and Im trying to think of something in terms of a pilot to give them due to the NU being broken. But other them that nice thread even though I mainly looked through the regiment thing.
[Image: WgBhsFr.gif]
Ahh Flamethrowers... I was this close to implement those into 327th and systematically burn down villa- I mean, roast some Clankers and bugs with them. Welp until they caused errors and didn't get implemented after all. +1 for this post from me.
[Image: 4c924c8eddb65073bca1d648a84574a1--star-w...rs-art.jpg]
“We’re just clones, sir. We’re meant to be expendable.” – Sinker
Bump

RC 1138 Boss
Mereel Skirata